Michigan State University
iOS Design Lab Swift CoachJune 2018 - Present
- Initiative of the Associate Provost to provide computational and critical thinking, and collaboration skills to the first cohort of students with the goal of expanding it to all students.
- Designed one of a kind learning experience at Michigan State University for other students to learn problem solving, teamwork, design, and coding in a non-traditional classroom setting.
- Lead team of students to identify a real-world problem and solve using Apple’s Challenge Based Curriculum, while instructing on iOS development using Swift.
- Educated students about the importance of accessibility and provided instruction in mobile application accessibility auditing.
- Developed iPhone application using Swift for MSU Museum to make exhibits more accessible. Created web interface using React for Museum employees to dynamically update content in iPhone application.
- Developed an application to teach other developers how to create accessible user interfaces.
Michigan State University College of Arts & Letters
Web Development and Accessibility InternMay 2017 - Present
- Performed accessibility audits and remediation for university-wide products and worked with external product vendors to ensure product accessibility.
- Implemented card sorting and analytics to test viability on various web designs.
- Created accessibility review protocols and a disability tip sheet to assist others in creating accessible materials for students, faculty, and other individuals.
- Managed websites upstanding to WCAG 2.0 & 2.1 AA & AAA using custom WordPress and other CMS platforms.
- Acted as a leader among other undergraduate team members including training and support of their projects.
JDM Systems Consultants
Software Development InternJune 2018 - August 2018
- Worked on a development team of five, utilizing git version control.
- Automated protocol buffer generation for connected systems.
- Managed project using Jira to collaborate with other developers on tasks.
- Scripted and edited tutorial videos demonstrating how to build complicated message hierarchy for connected devices.
- Integrated Java, Springboot server with custom OpenSSL certificates.
EducationMichigan State University
B.A. Experience Architecture (December 2019)
- Application development: Swift, iOS Accessibility
- Accessibility: WCAG 2.0, 2.1, Section 508, and Apple Voiceover
- Universal Design: user research, user interface design, and prototyping
- Public Speaking, leadership, communication, mentorship, critical thinking, and teaching
- Ignite UX Michigan Presentation: “An Introduction to Web Accessibility” (2019)
- Accessible Learning Conference Presentation: “An Introduction to Web Accessibility” (2018), “The Importance of Accessibility” (2017)
- Accessible UI iOS App with Swift (2018)
- Web Developer Intern for USA Digital Media (2018)
- Experience Architecture Club Co-Founder (2017-18)
- Web Director for VIM Magazine (2017-18)